We are currently fully staffed for summer.
Please read the information below, and note we keep resumes on file should opportunities present themselves for more staff needs. Thank You.
Are you interested in being surrounded by books all summer long? Does talking about books all day long sound dreamy? Would accessing copious amounts of free advance reader books be incredible? Check out our list of bookseller characteristics to see if joining our booknerd crew is a good fit for you. If all that sounds up your alley, follow our application instructions & we’ll get back to you in April. After April 15th we will access applications on a rolling basis for our high season positions.
- Enjoy talking about books, sharing recommendations, and engaging with customers about what they’re reading.
- Spend hours alphabetizing our shelves – this is a detail oriented & continual project throughout every shift all day long.
- Be able to be on their feet for 8 hours, constantly moving – this is a job where if we’re not talking to customers or ringing up purchases we’re dusting & shelving books
- Count change & pay attention to small details with making change & ringing up sales
- Have proficiency with technology – schedules are done electronically, a lot of communication is via text, & our point of sale system requires a level of comfort with technology in order to properly maintain inventory & ring up customers.
Things to consider before applying
- Do you enjoy reading books (most of our staff read about a book a week)?
- Are you available May through September?
- Do you feel comfortable making change without relying on technology?
- Are you attentive to detail & enjoy organizing?
- Do you have housing secured for the high season (May – August)
- Are you available to work evenings, weekends, & 4th of July?
Before you pass go & collect $200, here’s our application process. Failure to follow these instructions will negatively impact your application.
- Introduce yourself to us via e-mail
- Include your resume
- Include at least 2 references with phone & email information
- Let us know when you can start & how long you’ll be available
- Include any time off you’ll need for the summer (vacations, activities you participate in, trips you’re wanting to take, or other weekly commitments and conflicts)